Mounties in Burnaby are issuing a warning to “community members involved in the sex trade” as they investigate a robbery that targeted a sex worker over the weekend. The incident occurred on Saturday, Aug. 15, Burnaby RCMP said in a news release Wednesday. Around 9 p.m. that day, officers responded to a report of forcible confinement at a home in north Burnaby, according to police. “The victim reported they had been restrained at gunpoint and robbed by two male suspects, who then left the scene,” the release reads. “The victim was not physically injured in the incident.” The Burnaby RCMP Investigative Support Team is gathering evidence and information in connection to the case, police said. “This was a terrifying situation for the victim, and we want to ensure the community is aware of this incident, particularly those engaged in sex work,” said Sgt. Kyle Kifferling, in the release. “Our Victim Services Unit is also engaged on this file in order to offer support and resources, while investigators continue to work to identify and arrest the suspects involved.” Police asked anyone with information about the incident to call them at 604-646-9999.