A 15-year-old has been charged with three offences after allegedly threatening to burn down a home in Port Coquitlam earlier this year. The charges stem from an incident that occurred on May 17, Coquitlam RCMP said in a news release Wednesday. The teen cannot be named publicly because of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. Police did not share any additional details about the accused, such as their gender, saying only that they do not reside in the Tri-Cities area. Prosecutors approved charges of mischief under $5,000, uttering threats and breach of a disposition order against the teen on Aug. 4, police said. “This isolated incident involved alleged threats to burn down a residence in a highly populated Port Coquitlam neighbourhood,” said Cpl. John Graham, in the release. “Coquitlam RCMP strive to ensure that our citizens and neighborhoods are safe. When a criminal incident arises, we utilize all resources in our commitment to ensure public safety.” The teen has been released from custody with “numerous protective conditions,” police said.